• HÃY CÙNG TẠO & THẢO LUẬN CÁC CHỦ ĐỀ KIẾN THỨC [Vn Kiến Thức] - Định hướng VnKienthuc.com
    -
    Mọi kiến thức & Thông tin trên VnKienthuc chỉ mang tính chất tham khảo, Diễn đàn không chịu bất kỳ trách nhiệm liên quan
    - VnKienthuc tạm khóa đăng ký tài khoản tự động để hạn chế SEO bẩn, SPAM, quảng cáo. Chưa đăng ký, KHÁCH vẫn có thể đọc và bình luận.

Đề thi thử Đại Học môn Tiếng Anh 2014 - 2015

bichdao

Xu
ĐỀ THI THỬ ĐẠI HỌC LẦN 1 NĂM HỌC 2014 – 2015
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH

Questions 1 – 3: Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1. A. advisable B. admirable C. reliable D. desirable
2. A. commerce B. sacrifice C. maintenance D. stability
3. A. equivalent B. architectural C. amphibian D. majority

Questions 4 – 5: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
4. A. exactly B. anxiety C. annexation D. exacerbate
5. A. sergeant B. servant C. service D. servile

Question 6 – 10: Choose the best answer:
6. I don’t think he will join us, ________?
A. doesn’t he B. won’t he C. will he D. don’t I?
7. I was very tired; ________, I determined to walk on to the next village.
A. therefore B. however C. and D. for
8. ________ more carefully, he wouldn’t be in the hospital now.
A. Had he driven B. If he drove C. If he drives D. If he hadn’t driven
9. It was very difficult to ________what he was saying above the noise of the traffic
A. make out B. make off C. make of D. make up
10. ________ have made communication faster and easier through the use of email and the Internet is widely recognized.
A. It is that computers B. That computers C. Computers that D. That it’s computers
11. She should have been here but she’s ________flu.
A. gone through with B. gone down with C. come in for D. come against
12. Following the guidelines for speaking and voting established by the book Robert’s Rules of Order, ________during the meetings.
A. and a void large decision-making organizations’ precedural confusion.
B. large decision-making organizations avoid procedural confusion.
C. is procedural confusion avoided by large decision making organizations.
D. are avoiding procedural confusion in large decision making organizations.
13. It’s a formal occasion so we’ll have to ________to the nines – no jeans and pullovers this time!
A. hitch up B. put on C. wear in D. get dressed up
14. The man: “Do you want me to help you with those suitcases?”
The woman: “________”
A. Of course, not for me B. No, I can’t help you now
C. No, those aren’t mine D. No, I can manage them myself
15. Mother: “________”
Son: “Yes, it’s OK. But could you clean your room first?”
A. Would you like to go to Helen’s Party this weekend?
B. Can I go to Helen’s party this weekend?
C. What time does Helen’s party begin this weekend?
D. I don’t like the noise at parties.
16. Tom painted his bedroom black. It looks dark and dreary. He ________ a different colour.
A. has to choose B. should have chosen C. must have chosen D. could have been choosing
17. The area has an ________ of wildlife; there are lots of animals, birds, fish, and insects living there.
A. abundance B. impression C. entertainment D. organization
18. ________ the girls has turned in the papers to the instructor yet.
A. Neither of B. Both of C. None D. All of
19. ________Ann by phone, James decided to email her.
A. Having failed to contact B. Having failed contacting
C. He failed to contact D. That he failed contacting
20. I kept them in the ________
A. metal black small box B. small black metal box
C. black metal small box D. small metal black box
21. “________, I’ll see if Mr. Jones is free”
A. If you wait a moment B. If you have waited a moment
C. If you will wait for a moment D. If you wait for a moment
22. ________were surrounded by an angry crowd.
A. The buses most of which were already full B. The buses, most of that were already full,
C. The buses most of that were already full D. The buses, most of which were already full,
23. Please cut my hair ________ the style in this magazine.
A. the same long as B. the same length like C. the same long like D. the same length as
24. It is imperative ________what to do when there is a fire.
A. He must know about B. we knew C. that he knew D. that everyone know
25. According to a recent survey, most people are on good ________with their neighbours.
A. relations B. acquaintance C. relationships D. terms
26. Wasn’t it you yourself ________the door open?
A. to leave B. to have left C. who left D. that should leave
27. The discovery of the halftone process in photography in 1881 made it ________photographs in books and newspapers.
A. the possible reproduction B. possible to reproduce
C. the possibility of reproducing D. possibly reproduced
28. Shortly after receiving her gold medal, the Olympic champion answered questions at a press ________
A. discussion B. assembly C. conference D. seminar
29. He lost in the election because he is a weak and ________leader.
A. undeceiving B. undecided C. undecisive D. indecisive
30. ________provided a living for nearly 90 percent of the population of the American colonies.
A. What was farming B. Farming was
C. Farming was what D. What farming

Questions 31 – 35: Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
31. The development of nuclear power were made possible by the discovery that radioactive uranium could be used to
A B C
make plutonium.
D
32. Even though the difference between the percentages of male and female doctors has narrowed appreciably in
A B C
recent years, the number of men in that profession is likely to remain the highest.
D
33. An oligopoly is a small combination of business interests that work with one the other to control a product or
A B C D
service.
34. Don’t get angry with me for your failure. You are yourself to blame by it and it is nobody else’s fault.
A B C D
35. Tests have been performed to determine whether studying TOEFL questions will help students rise their test scores.
A B C D

Questions 36 – 38: Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
36. I think we have solved this problem once and for all.
A. in the end B. forever C. temporarily D. for everybody
37. You can do whatever you like, as far as I am concerned.
A. mind out B. actually C. Indeed D. in my opinion
38. The white blood cell count in one’s body may fluctuate by 50 per cent dring a day.
A. undulate B. multiply C. diminish D. vary

Questions 39 – 40: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word (s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
39. During the five-decade history the Asian Games have been advancing in all aspects.
A. holding at B. holding back C. Holding to D. holding by
40. There are substantial differences between the two species.
A. slight B. amazing C. considerable D. difficult to explain

Questions 41 - 50: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to choose the sentence which is closest in meaning to the given one.

41. If only you had told me the truth about the theft.
A. You should have told me the truth about the theft.
B. Only if you had told me the truth about the theft.
C. Had you told me the truth, there wouldn’t have been the theft.
D. You only told me the truth if there was a theft.
42. Which hen is still producing eggs?
A. We found the hen laying in a ditch.
B. We found the hen lying in a ditch.
C. We found the hen laid in a ditch.
D. We laid the hen’s eggs in a ditch.
43. James blamed his younger brother for the damage.
A. James punished his younger brother for the damage.
B. James was responsible for his younger brother’s damage.
C. James said his younger brother had caused the damage.
D. James blamed the damage for his younger brother.
44. Hardly anybody applied for the job.
A. Nobody applied for the job because it was hard.
B. Anybody found it hard to apply for the job.
C. There were very few applicants for the job.
D. Anybody applied hardly for the job.
45. I’ve done next to nothing today.
A. I’ve done close to nothing today.
B. I’ve hardly done anything today.
C. I have to do nothing next day.
D. I’ve done nothing today.
46. If you have a hiccup, try holding your breath.
A. Holding your breath might help with your hiccup.
B. If you don’t hold your breath you may have a hiccup.
C. To treat hiccup, you have to hold your breath.
D. Having a hiccup will hold our breath.
47. I would rather you stopped talking about her.
a. I would rather stop talking about her.
b. I prefer you not to talk about her any more.
c. I would rather you not talk about her.
d. I want you to talk about her.
48. I can’t stand it when people criticize me in public.
a. People can’t criticize me in public.
b. When people criticize mw in public I don’t stand there.
c. I can’t stand in public when people criticize me.
d. I hate being criticized in public.
49. He found the jewels while he was in an old sack.
a. He discovered the jewels tied inside an old sack.
b. Tied in an old sack, he discovered the jewels.
c. Tied inside was an old sack.
d. He found the jewels in an old sack.
50. He went down with flu as soon as he recovered from bronchitis.
a. He caught flu just before he recovered from bronchitis.
b. No sooner had he recovered from bronchitis than he went down with flu.
c. He recovered from bronchitis soon after he went down with flu.
d. He caught flu and bronchitis at the same time.

Questions 51 – 65: Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks

Conventional and natural medicine
Medical science has made enormous advances in the twentieth century. Most of the great ‘killer’ diseases have been ………51……, and almost every day a new drug appears on the market. But the medical profession is …52……a crisis of confidence. Surveys ……53……..that less than 40% of people really trust their family doctor. People are …54……. away from conventional medicine to look for alternative……55…..of treatment.
The main reason for this is that conventional medicine has……56…….to satisfy the needs of the………57………of people. In spite of the apparent progress made by medical science, we are actually less……58.….than our parents or grandparents.
Medical students are taught that diseases are……59…..by germs, viruses and toxins. Therefore treatment must……60……..on attacking these things. The mind and the emotions are not thought to play any……61…..in the disease process. But people who practise ‘natural’ medicine……62……with this principle, and try to treat the whole person. They believe that personality and lifestyle are important when considering a patient’s…...63....…health.
Some conventional doctors are beginning to ………64……that there is a lot of truth in these ideas, and believe that natural medicine can be a valuable aid. Others ……65……regard it as a dangerous threat to their profession.
51. A. won B. defeated C. erased D. broken
52. A. experiencing B. holding C. bearing D. living
53. A. indicate B. lead C. describe D. point
54. A. growing B. taking C. turning D. coming
55. A. ways B. makes C. forms D. fashions
56. A. missed B. stopped C. lost D. failed
57. A. lot B. majority C. most D. largest
58. A. healthy B. nutritious C. fine D. wholesome
59. A. caused B. made C. brought D. involved
60. A. aim B. function C. concentrate D. try
61. A. game B. piece C. part D. action
62. A. reject B. dislike C. object D. disagree
63. A. normal B. typical C. common D. general
64. A. recognize B. observe C. view D. know
65. A. still B. yet C. but D. even

Questions 66 - 70: Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions
Many researchers believe that apes can communicate with human beings. Investigations made at several laboratories in the United States and elsewhere indicate that chimpanzees and gorillas are capable of understanding language and line using linguistic responses at the level of a four – year - old child. Washoe, an adult chimpanzee who was raised as if she were a deaf child, can translate words she hears into American Sign Language. Loko, a 400-pound lowland gorilla, is claimed to have understood a poem written about her. Tests of Koko’s auditory comprehension show that she is able to make discriminations between such words as “funny”, “money”, and “bunny”.
The scientists at the forefront of this research admit that their work has been severely criticized. The skeptics in general claim that apes’ language behavior is merely imitative. For this behavior to be called “language”, it must also be communicative. The proponents of ape language counter that those who deny the validity of this research have never worked with apes. They point out that new fields of investigation always create controversy. They add that subhuman primates have not been taught to speak, however, because the outer layer of their brain hemispheres is not sufficiently refined.
66. According to the passage, ape language researchers say that apes can………….
A. understand spoken language B. speak
C. think D. write poetry
67. Washoe is………..
A. a four-year-old child B. a deaf gorilla
C. a scientist D. a chimpanzee that uses signs
68. According to the passage, ape-human communication is…………..
A. accepted by scientists B. rejected by researchers
C. treated skeptically by some scientists D. unquestioned
69. It may be inferred from the passage that…………………
A. only gorillas and chimpanzees are primates B.only human beings are primates
C.all animals except apes are primates D.humans and other apes are primates
70. The passage supports which of the following conclusions?
A. Eventually gorillas and chimpanzees will be able to speak
B. Chimpanzees’ use of sign language is merely imitative behavior.
C. Ape communication is likely to remain a controversial topic.
D. Even though a gorilla has understood a poem, it is not demonstrating communicative behavior.

Questions 71 - 80: Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions from 61 to 70.
Although they are an inexpensive supplier of vitamins, minerals, and high-quality protein, eggs also contain a high level of blood cholesterol, one of the major causes of heart diseases. One egg yolk, in fact, contains a little more than two-thirds of the suggested daily cholesterol limit. This knowledge has caused egg sales to plummet in recent years, which in turn has brought about the development of several alternatives to eating regular eggs. One alternative is to eat substitute eggs. These egg substitutes are not really eggs, but they look somewhat like eggs when they are cooked. They have the advantage of having low cholesterol rates, and they can be scrambled or used in baking. One disadvantage, however, is that they are not good for frying, poaching, or boiling. A second alternative to regular eggs is a new type of egg, sometimes called 'designer' eggs. These eggs are produced by hens that are fed low-fat diets consisting of ingredients such as canola oil, flax, and rice bran. In spite of their diets, however, these hens produce eggs that contain the same amount of cholesterol as regular eggs. Yet, the producers of these eggs claim that eating their eggs will not raise the blood cholesterol in humans.
Egg producers claim that their product has been portrayed unfairly. They cite scientific studies to back up their claim. And, in fact, studies on the relationship between eggs and human cholesterol levels have brought mixed results. It may be that it is not the type of egg that is the main determinant of cholesterol but the person who is eating the eggs. Some people may be more sensitive to cholesterol derived from food than other people. In fact, there is evidence that certain dietary fats stimulate the body's production of blood cholesterol. Consequently, while it still makes sense to limit one's intake of eggs, even designer eggs, it seems that doing this without regulating dietary fat will probably not help reduce the blood cholesterol level.

71. What is the main purpose of the passage?
A. To introduce the idea that dietary fat increases the blood cholesterol level.
B. To inform people about the relationship between eggs and cholesterol.
C. To persuade people that eggs are unhealthy and should not be eaten
D. To convince people to eat 'designer' eggs and egg substitutes.
72. According to the passage, which of the following is a cause of heart diseases?
A. minerals B. cholesterol C. canola oil D. vitamins
73. Which of the following could best replace the word 'somewhat'?
A. in fact B. a little C. indefinitely D. a lot
74. What has been the cause for changes in the sale of eggs?
A. increasing price B. decreased production
C. dietary changes in hens D. concerns about cholesterol
75. According to the passage, one yolk contains approximately what fraction of the suggested daily limit for human consumption of cholesterol?
A. 3/4 B. 2/3 C. 1/2 D. 1/3
76. The word 'portrayed' could best be replaced by which of the following?
A. studied B. destroyed C. tested D. described
77. What is the meaning of 'back up'?
A. reverse B. advance C. block D. support
78. What is meant by the phrase 'mixed results'?
A. The results are blended. B. The results are a composite of things.
C. The results are inconclusive. D. The results are mingled together.
79. According to the passage, egg substitutes cannot be used to make any of following types of eggs EXCEPT?
A. boiled B. poached C. scrambled D. fried
80. According to the author, which of the following may reduce blood cholesterol?
A. reducing egg intake but not fat intake B. increasing egg intake and fat intake
C. decreasing egg intake and fat intake D. increasing egg intake but not fat intake

---- THE END ----

ĐÁP ÁN CHI TIẾT SẼ ĐƯỢC ĐƯA LÊN SAU 1 TUẦN
ĐỂ TẢI BẢN WORD, NHẤN VÀO LINK

Sửa lần cuối bởi điều hành viên:

Chim sơn ca

Xu
Questions 51 – 65: Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks

Conventional and natural medicine
Medical science has made enormous advances in the twentieth century. Most of the great ‘killer’ diseases have been ………51……, and almost every day a new drug appears on the market. But the medical profession is …52……a crisis of confidence. Surveys ……53……..that less than 40% of people really trust their family doctor. People are …54……. away from conventional medicine to look for alternative……55…..of treatment.
The main reason for this is that conventional medicine has……56…….to satisfy the needs of the………57………of people. In spite of the apparent progress made by medical science, we are actually less……58.….than our parents or grandparents.
Medical students are taught that diseases are……59…..by germs, viruses and toxins. Therefore treatment must……60……..on attacking these things. The mind and the emotions are not thought to play any……61…..in the disease process. But people who practise ‘natural’ medicine……62……with this principle, and try to treat the whole person. They believe that personality and lifestyle are important when considering a patient’s…...63....…health.
Some conventional doctors are beginning to ………64……that there is a lot of truth in these ideas, and believe that natural medicine can be a valuable aid. Others ……65……regard it as a dangerous threat to their profession.

51. A. won B. defeated C. erased D. broken
52. A. experiencing B. holding C. bearing D. living
53. A. indicate B. lead C. describe D. point
54. A. growing B. taking C. turning D. coming
55. A. ways B. makes C. forms D. fashions
56. A. missed B. stopped C. lost D. failed
57. A. lot B. majority C. most D. largest
58. A. healthy B. nutritious C. fine D. wholesome
59. A. caused B. made C. brought D. involved
60. A. aim B. function C. concentrate D. try
61. A. game B. piece C. part D. action
62. A. reject B. dislike C. object D. disagree
63. A. normal B. typical C. common D. general
64. A. recognize B. observe C. view D. know
65. A. still B. yet C. but D. even

Trả lời.

B. defeated

A. experiencing

A. indicate

C. turning

C. forms

D. failed

B. majority

A. healthy

A. caused

C. concentrate

C. part

D. disagree

D. general

A. recognize

A. still

conan_sea

Xu
ĐỀ THI THỬ ĐH – CĐ MÔN TIẾNG ANH SỐ 2

Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the other three.
1. A. popularize B. apologize C. maximize D. pasteurize
2. A. best-selling B. high-pitched C. multi-purpose D. red-hot
3. A. statistics B. ecotourism C. consciousness D. maintenance
4. A. painstakingly B. fascinatingly C. interestingly D. temporarily
5. A. disposable B. documentary C. original D. nonprofit

Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the other three:
6. A. blessed B. minced C. wicked D. wretched
7. A. slaughter B. throughout C. drought D. laughter
8. A. trainer B. fairness C. impairment D. dairy-maid
9. A. subtle B. timber C. plumber D. doubtful
10. A. terrible B. sentimental C. terrific D. memory

Choose the best answer:
11. Nobody in this class will be given ............treatment, if you are good, you have to prove it.
A. prejudicial B. preferable C. preferential D. selective
12. You are at..............to do what you like.
A. freedom B. odds C. disposal D. liberty
13. A .............of cattle walked slowly towards the farmhouse.
A. colony B. herd C. hive D. swarm
14. What chemical is this? It is ...............a horrible smell.
A. giving out B. giving away C. giving off D. giving up
15. You............the umbrella. Don’t you think it silly to carry an umbrella on such a nice day?
A. mustn’t have brought B. didn’t have to bring C. needn’t have brought D. didn’t need to bring
16. I think Ms. Copper is fit for her job as a secretary,............?
A. isn’t she B. do I C. is she D. don’t I
17. We hardly have any food in the house. – We have to.............what we have.
A. make it do with B. make do with C. make do with it D. make do it
18. The new chief executive moves that a daring innovation..............
A. will be considered B. is considered C. be considered D. was considered
19. My girlfriend arrived after I .................for her for about half an hour.
A. was waiting B. had been waiting C. have been waiting D. have waited
20. The number of students.....................increasing now.
A. are B. was C. were D. is
21. “I’d rather................to the radio than.............this soap opera on TV.” “To me, I prefer.........TV. You’d better............a radio and ...........for a walk.”
A. to listen – see – to watch – take – go B. listen – to see – to watch – take – go
C. listen – see – to watch – take – go D. listen – see – watch – take – go
22. I’m sorry I’m late. I hope I didn’t cause you.........
A. too much problems B. problem C. many more trouble D. too much trouble
23. The wind was blowing so ..............that I could..............walk.
A. hard – hard B. hardly – hard C. hard – hardly D. hardly – hardly
24. ..................most of the soldiers gave up!
A. So was the exercise difficult that B. So difficult was the exercise that
C. So was the exercise difficult that did D. So difficult was the exercise that did
25. The English were..........the first Europeans to settle...........what is now the United States.
A. of – at B. in – down C. out of – on D. among – in
26. Although Tom eats quite a lot, he is still very............
A. skinny B. muscular C. well-built D. round
27. “What do you do for a living?” – “.........................”
A. I get a high salary, you know. B. I want to be a doctor, I guess.
C. I work in a bank. D. It’s hard work, you know.
28. “What does it cost to get to Manchester?” – “............................”
A. It’s interesting to travel to Manchester B. It depends on how you go.
C. I always go by train. D. I don’t like to go by train.
29. “Thank you for taking the time to come here in person.” – “............................”
A. It’s my pleasure. B. I don’t know what time that person comes.
C. I’d love to come. What time? D. Do you have time for some gossip?
30. The water well is said................
A. dug by the local people a long time ago. B. to be dug by the local people a long time ago.
C. to dig by the local people a long time ago. D. to have been dug by the local people a long time ago.
31. He told me to rest for a while. => “................... for a while,” he said
A. To rest B. Rest C. Do you rest D. Resting
32. Near the White House is another famous landmark................the Washington Monument.
A. is which B. which call C. called D. it is called
33. Thank you for the money. It was..............of you.
A. more generous B. the more generous C. most generous D. the most generous
34. The contract calls for the union to ..................who their bargaining representative will be.
A. specific B. specification C. specifying D. specify
35. Your room is.....................mine.
A. twice larger than B. as twice large as C. larger twice than D. twice as large as

Choose the word or phrase that best fits the blank space in the following passage:
Tropical forests have .....(36)......us with very many sorts of plants for food, .....(37)...... and industry. They could probably supply man more. They also reduce .....(38)...... and droughts, keep water clean, and slow down the Greenhouse Effects, .....(39)...... the tropical forests are .....(40)......destroyed to make .....(41)...... for things like farms, ranches, mines and hydroelectric .....(42)........ About 20 million hectares are lost each year – an area more than twice the size of Austria. The World Wildlife Fund is working to .....(43)...... and save the forests that are .....(44)...... danger; to plant new trees for fuel wood and to slow down the Greenhouse Effect; and to .....(45)...... governments to think about the forests and their importance when giving international aid.

36. A. given B. brought C. supplied D. donated
37. A. medicine B. hospitals C. doctors D. surgeons
38. A. deserts B. floods C. heat D. hazards
39. A. so B. for C. because D. but
40. A. have B. been C. being D. be
41. A. room B. rooms C. place D. places
42. A. sources B. energy C. dams D. cables
43. A. keep B. protect C. maintain D. hold
44. A. at B. within C. on D. in
45. A. make B. let C. encourage D. influence

Read the passage and choose the best answer:
Situated in the central mountains of Alaska, a peak named Denali rises 20,320 feet above sea level. It is the highest peak in North America and the center of Denali National Park. One of America’s greatest wilderness areas, the park had limited access to visitors, but in spite of this tourism rose from under 6,000 visitors in 1950 to over 546,000 visitors in 1990. The increasing popularity of this park is prompting serious discussions about the future use of Denali as well as how to preserve wilderness areas in general.
One important issue of land use arises when parts of National Parks are owned by individuals. In Denali, though most of the land in this vast track of more than a million acres is owned by the National park Service, several thousand acres are still privately owned as mining tracts. These mining tracts in Denali were once abundant sources of gold, but they were sources of heavy metals such as arsenic and lead that polluted rivers and streams.
Environmentalists were successful in getting the government to require mining companies to submit statements showing the potential impact of a mining project before they are allowed to begin mining. Because of this requirement, many individuals closed their mines and some sold their land to the National Park Service. Some land owners, however, are wondering if it is better to sell their land to the government or keep it for possible future use. Tourism in this previously remote area is bound to rise, as more roads are built to provide easier access to the park. This increase in the number of visitors creates a demand for hotels and real estate development. The economic implications of this are of interests to the land owner, but are dismaying to those interested in preserving the wilderness.

46. What is the primary focus of this passage?
A. controversies over land use in Denali. B. miners selling their property in Denali.
C. Alaska building more roads to Denali. D. limiting tourist access to Denali.
47. The word prompting in the first paragraph could best be replaced by which of the following?
A. promising B. sanctioning C. initiating D. trapping
48. The word arises in the second paragraph could best be replaced by ......
A. surrenders B. occurs C. volunteers D. prospers
49. The word tract in the second paragraph refers to..............
A. trail B. resort C. frontier D. expanse
50. Which of the following is most similar to the word abundant in the second paragraph?
A. plentiful B. sparse C. hopeful D. absolute
51. According to the passage, which of the following are pollutants in the Denali area?
A. gold B. pesticides C. human waste D. arsenic
52. Which of the following is closest in the meaning to the phrase potential impact in the third paragraph?
A. appropriate cost B. expected value C. proposed size D. possible effects
53. The author infers that some mine owners might hesitate to sell their land to the Park Service for which of the following reasons?
A. There may be increasing demand for the one in the mines.
B. They might want to build a house on their property.
C. They might receive more money selling their lands to developers.
D. They might want to move to the towns.
54. What is the author’s purpose in writing this passage?
A. to demonstrate the changes in Denali National Park.
B. to use Denali as an example of common park issues.
C. to introduce the wonders of the wilderness area in Denali.
D. to explain the problems occurring in Denali Park.
55. Which of the following would most likely to be the topic of the next paragraph in this passage?
A. conflict between land owners and environmentalists.
B. the role of the National Park Service in development.
C. tourist needs in Denali Park.
D. wildlife in the park.

Read the passage and choose the best answer:
It was once believed that being overweight was healthy, but nowadays few people subscribe to this viewpoint. While many people are fighting the battle to reduce weight, studies are being conducted concerning the appetite and how it is controlled by both emotional and biochemical factors. Some of the conclusions of these studies may give insights into how to deal with weight problems. For example, when several hundred people were asked about their eating habits in times of stress, 44 percent said they reacted to stressful situations by eating. Further investigations with both humans and animals indicated that it is not food which relieves tension but rather the act of chewing.
A test in which subjects were blindfolded showed that obese people have a keener sense of taste and crave more flavorful food than nonobese people. When deprived of the variety and intensity of tastes, obese people are not satisfied and consequently eat more to fulfill this need. Blood samples taken from people after they were shown a picture of food revealed that overweight people reacted with an increase in blood insulin, a chemical associated with appetite. This did not happen to average-weight people.
In another experiment, results showed that certain people have a specific, biologically induced hunger for carbohydrates. Eating carbohydrates raises the level of serotonin, a neurotransmitter in the brain. Enough serotonin produces a sense of satiation, and hunger for carbohydrates subsidies.
Exercise has been recommended as an important part of a weight-loss program. However, it has been found that mild exercise, such as using the stairs instead of the elevator, it better in the long run than taking on a strenuous program, such as jogging, which many people find difficult to continue over long periods of time and which also increase appetite.

56. The word “crave” can best be replaced with.............
A. devour B. absorb C. season D. desire
57. It can be inferred from the passage that.................
A. overweight people are tense B. thin people don’t eat when under stress.
C. weight watchers should chew on st inedible tense D. 56 percent of the population isn’t overweight.
58. It can be inferred from the passage that..............
A. thin people don’t enjoy food B. a variety of foods and strong flavors satisfy heavy people.
C. overweight people have an abnormal sense of taste. D. deprivation of food makes people fat.
59. According to the passage, insulin................
A. increases in the bloodstream when people eat large amounts of food.
B. can be used to lessen the appetite.
C. causes a chemical reaction when food is seen.
D. levels don’t change in average-weight people who see food.
60. It can be inferred that for certain people ................
A. eating carbohydrates eliminates hunger. B. carbohydrates biologically induce hunger.
C. carbohydrates don’t satisfy a hungry person. D. carbohydrates subside when serotonin is produced.
61. What can be said about serotonin?
A. It is a chemical that increases the appetite. B. Only certain people produce it in their brains.
C. It tells the brain when a person is full D. It transmits carbohydrates to the brain.
62. In order to lose weight, it would be a good idea for heavy people to .............
A. jog 3 miles daily and chew on carrot sticks. B. walk up stairs and look at pictures of food.
C. eat plenty of chewy carbohydrates. D. avoid stressful situations and eat spicy food.
63. Which one of the following exercises might be best for an overweight person to engage in daily?
A. an evening walk B. a long swim C. a cross-country skiing D. 10-mile bicycle rides.

Find out the mistake:
64. The dwarf lemon tree, grown in many areas of the world, bears fruit when it is fewer than six inches in high.
65. The brain is composed of a mass of softly gray matter in the skull that controls our intelligence.
66. Polluter is a topic of such importance today that even elementary school children are well informed about its dangers.
67. Best represented in a famous oil painting by Da Vinci, The Last Supper it is an important part of the history of Christianity.
68. Together with his friend Little John, Robin Hood are fondly remembered today by millions of people.

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase closest in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
69. I used to meet him occasionally on Fifth Avenue.
A. in one occasion B. once in a while C. one time D. none is correct
70. Biogas can be utilized for electricity production, cooking, space heating, water heating and process heating.
A. increase B. sparing C. generation D. reformation
71. We spent the entire day looking for a new apartment.
A. the long day B. all long day C. day after day D. all day long

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) opposite in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
72. During the five-decade history the Asian Games have been advancing in all aspects.
A. holding to B. holding back C. holding at D. holding by
73. She decided to remain celibate and devote her life to helping the homeless and orphans.
A. divorced B. married C. single D. separated

Choose the best answer:
74. If it hadn’t been so late, I would have called you.
A. It was not late when I called you. B. It was late, so I did not call you.
C. It was late, but I called you D. I was not late but I did not call you.
75. No one but the seven-year-old boy saw the accident.
A. Only the seven-year-old boy saw the accident. B. No one at all saw the seven-year-old boy’s accident.
C. The seven-year-old boy saw no one in the accident. D No one in the accident saw the seven-year-old boy.
76. Most people get fewer colds in summer than in winter.
A. A person is more likely to get cold in winter. B. More people have summer colds than winter colds.
C. People get colder in summer than in winter. D. Winter is much colder than summer.
77. Completed in 1756, Nassau Hall, which is now standing on the campus of Princeton University, is the oldest building.
A. Completed in 1756, Nassau Hall is the oldest building now has stood on the campus of Princeton University.
B. Completed in 1756, Nassau Hall is the oldest building now it stands on the campus of Princeton University.
C. Completed in 1756, Nassau Hall is the oldest building now standing on the campus of Princeton University.
D. Completed in 1756, Nassau Hall is the oldest building now stood on the campus of Princeton University.
78. The hardworking cabinet maker, Duncan Phyfe, was the one person who was most responsible for making New York City a center of furniture design in the early nineteenth century.
A. The one person most responsible for making New York City a center of furniture design in the early nineteenth century he was hardworking cabinetmaker, Duncan Phyfe.
B. The one person most responsible for making New York City a center of furniture design in the early nineteenth century was the hardworking cabinetmaker, Duncan Phyfe.
C. The one person most responsible for making New York City a center of furniture design in the early nineteenth century by working hard, the cabinetmaker, Duncan Phyfe.
D. The one person most responsible for making New York City a center of furniture design in the early nineteenth century through his hard working cabinetmaker, Duncan Phyfe.
79. She had only just put the phone down when the boss rang back.
A. Hardly she had put the phone down when her boss rang back.
B. Hardly she puts the phone down when her boss rang back.
C. Hardly did she put the phone down when her boss rang back.
D. Hardly had she put the phone down when her boss rang back.
80. It isn’t necessary for you to finish the report by Sunday.
A. You don’t need finish the report by Sunday. B. You mustn’t finish the report by Sunday.
C. You might not finish the report by Sunday. D. You don’t need to finish the report by Sunday.

conan_sea

Xu
đáp án đề số 02

1. b
  2. c
  3. a
  4. d
  5. b
  6. b
  7. d
  8. a
  9. b
  10. c
  11. c
  12. d
  13. b
  14. c
  15. c
  16. a
  17. b
  18. c
  19. b
  20. d
  21. c
  22. d
  23. c
  24. b
  25. d
  26. a
  27. c
  28. b
  29. a
  30. d
  31. b
  32. c
  33. c
  34. d
  35. d
  36. c
  37. a
  38. b
  39. d
  40. c
  41. a
  42. c
  43. b
  44. d
  45. c
  46. a
  47. c
  48. b
  49. d
  50. a
  51. d
  52. d
  53. c
  54. b
  55. a
  56. d
  57. c
  58. b
  59. d
  60. a
  61. c
  62. d
  63. a
  64. d
  65. b
  66. a
  67. c
  68. b
  69. b
  70. c
  71. d
  72. b
  73. b
  74. b
  75. a
  76. a
  77. c
  78. b
  79. d
  80. d

keluhanhcodoc

Xu
ĐỀ SỐ 03

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questionsfrom 1 to 5.

Câu 1: A. understand B. engineer C. disappearance D. geography
Câu 2: A. photography B. academy C. dictionary D. environment
Câu 3: A. suspicious B. electric C. periodic D. contagious
Câu 4: A. adverbial B. adventure C. advantage D. advertise
Câu 5: A. imagine B. inhabit C. disappear D. continue

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions from 6 to 15

Câu 6: I'm angry because you didn't tell me the truth. I don't like ________
A. deceiving B. having deceived C. to deceive D. being deceived
Câu 7: Not until late 1960s __________on the moon.
A. that Americans walked B. when did Americans walk
C. when Americans walked D. did Americans walk
Câu 8: No matter how often I explain it to him, he doesn’t seem to _________.
A. take it in B. put it through C. put it on D. come up with
Câu 9: According to a recent report, the disease is rare, affecting ______ ten thousand adults.
A. out of every one B. the only one of
C. every one from D. only one out of every
Câu 10: Dora _________ in university when you come back in three years' time.
A. would study B. will have been studied
C. will be studying D. is studying
Câu 11: Throw out that vase. It is .
A. valuable B. value C. valueless D. invaluable
Câu 12: Bottles of medicine must have childproof caps ______ children think medicine is candy and poison themselves.
A. in case B. if so C. even though D. so that
Câu 13: The southern coast is receiving a lot of rain, while _________ else in the country is enjoying warm and sunny weather.
A. whatever B. everywhere C. anything D. despite
Câu 14: She _________ no notice of his behaviour towards her.
A. took B. paid C. made D. gave
Câu 15: ________did you see such a good advertisement?
A. In which issue newspaper B. In which issue of which newspaper
C. In which newspaper of which issue D. What is the issue of which newspaper
Câu 16: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions
During our tour of the refinery, it was seen that both propane and gasoline were produced in
A B C D
large volumes.

Câu 17: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions
Now that I no longer have to wear uniform, I'll be able to wear which I want.
A B C D

Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 18 to 27.
Psychologists are interested in the reasons why some people like taking part in risky sports. When they studied people who were learning to jump from a plane with a parachute, they found that parachutists’ bodies produced large amounts of two hormones, adrenaline and nor adrenaline, just before they made their jump.
These hormones help to prepare us for any sudden activity. Adrenaline increases the heart rate and provides more sugar for the muscles, while nor does adrenaline make us react more quickly. However, nor adrenaline also stimulates apart of the brain which controls feelings of pleasure. Some psychologists have concluded that it is a feeling of pleasure caused by this hormone which makes certain people want to participate in dangerous sports.
Another possible reason is the level of arousal in part of the brain. According to some psychologists, the brain tries to maintain a certain level of arousal. They believe that people who normally have a low level of arousal look for excitement and new experiences in order to stimulate themselves, whereas people who usually have a high level of arousal try to avoid risks and unfamiliar situations in order not to become overexcited. If the psychologists are right, people with a low arousal are the ones who enjoy participating in dangerous sports and activities.
It is thought that people with low levels of arousal have a slower-reacting nervous system than people with higher arousal levels. It may therefore be possible to find out your level of arousal by testing your nervous system. A quick way of doing this is to put some lemon juice on your tongue. If you produce a lot of saliva, your nervous system has been affected by the lemon and so you probably have a high level of arousal; if you produce little of saliva, you probably have a low arousal level. If you have a low level, you might enjoy taking part in risky sports. However, this does not mean that you have to try parachuting!

Câu 18: Why did the parachutists’ bodies produce a lot of adrenaline and nor adrenaline before they jumped from a plane?
A. It is a natural reaction which guards them against the effects of accidents.
B. This is a natural reaction which helps to prepare one for sudden activity.
C. Because they had high arousal levels.
D. Because they had taken drugs which led to the production of these two hormones.
Câu 19: What two possible reasons are given for some people’s desire to participate in dangerous sports?
A. The pleasure that results from the production of nor adrenaline, and a low level of arousal.
B. A low level of arousal, and an inborn desire for adventure.
C. A lack of common sense, and a high level of arousal.
D. A desire to show off, and a lack of common sense.
Câu 20: What dose the brain try to maintain, according to some psychologists?
A. A certain level of arousal. B. A high temperature.
C. A sense of safety. D. A low temperature.
Câu 21: Why do psychologists believe that people with a high level of arousal try to avoid danger?
A. Because they already have the level of excitement which the brain tries to maintain.
B. Because they would not be able to cope with accidents.
C. Because they already have enough of the two hormones, adrenaline and nor adrenaline.
D. Because they are more aware of the dangers involved.
Câu 22: What is shown by putting lemon juice on your tongue?
A. It indicates your level of arousal by amount of saliva that is produced.
B. It shows that you have a high level of arousal if no saliva is produced.
C. It is a good test of your sense of taste.
D. It can indicate whether your saliva is more acidic or more alkaline.
Câu 23: What kinds of substances are adrenaline and nor adrenaline?
A. Vitamins. B. Minerals.
C. Hormones. D. Subatomic particles.
Câu 24: What substances is thought to stimulate the brain to make us feel pleasure?
A. Adrenaline B. Nor adrenaline
C. Lemon juice. D. Manganese dioxide
Câu 25: Which of the following does adrenaline do?
A. It makes the heart beat more quickly. B. It makes the heart beat more slowly.
C. It makes people afraid. D. It weakens the muscles.
Câu 26: Where were the parachutists when, according to the passage, they produced large amount of the two hormones?
A. On the ground B. In the air C. At sea D. On an airplane
Câu 27: According to some psychologists, what kind of people try to avoid unfamiliar situations?
A. People who do not like lemon juice.
B. People who normally have a high level of arousal.
C. People who have a low hormone content.
D. People who normally have a low level of arousal.

Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 28 to 37.
The countryside of Britain is well known for its beauty and many contrasts: its bare mountains and moorland, its lakes, rivers and woods, and its long, often wild coastline. Many of the most beautiful areas are national parks and are protected from development. When British people think of the countryside they think of farmland, as well as open spaces. They imagine cows or sheep in green fields enclosed by hedges or stone walls, and fields of wheat and barley. Most farmland is privately owned but is crossed by a network of public footpaths.
Many people associate the countryside with peace and relaxation. They spend their free time walking or cycling there, or go to the country for a picnic or a pub lunch. In summer people go to fruit farms and pick strawberries and other fruit. Only a few people who live in the country work on farms. Many commute to work in towns. Many others dream of living in the country, where they believe they would have a better and healthier lifestyle.
The countryside faces many threats. Some are associated with modern farming practices, and the use of chemicals harmful to plants and wildlife. Land is also needed for new houses. The green belt, an area of land around many cities, is under increasing pressure. Plans to build new roads are strongly opposed by organizations trying to protect the countryside. Protesters set up camps to prevent, or at least delay, the building work.
America has many areas of wild and beautiful scenery, and there are many areas, especially in the West in states like Montana and Wyoming, where few people live. In the New England states, such as Vermont and New Hampshire, it is common to see small farms surrounded by hills and green areas. In Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and other Midwestern states, fields of corn or wheat reach to the horizon and there are many miles between towns.
Only about 20% of Americans live outside cities and towns. Life may be difficult for people who live in the country. Services like hospitals and schools may be further away and going shopping can mean driving long distances. Some people even have to drive from their homes to the main road where their mail is left in a box. In spite of the disadvantages, many people who live in the country say that they like the safe, clean, attractive environment. But their children often move to a town or city as soon as they can.
As in Britain, Americans like to go out to the country at weekends. Some people go on camping or fishing trips, others go hiking in national parks.
Câu 28: We can see from the passage that in the countryside of Britain ______.
A. it is difficult to travel from one farm to another
B. only a few farms are publicly owned
C. none of the areas faces the sea
D. most beautiful areas are not well preserved
Câu 29: The word “enclosed” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to ______.
A. embraced B. rotated C. blocked D. surrounded
Câu 30: Which is NOT mentioned as an activity of relaxation in the countryside of Britain?
A. Going for a walk B. Riding a bicycle C. Going swimming D. Picking fruit
Câu 31: What does the word “they” in paragraph 2 refer to?
A. Those who dream of living in the country
B. Those who commute to work in towns
C. Those who go to fruit farms in summer
D. Those who go to the country for a picnic
Câu 32: Which of the following threatens the countryside in Britain?
A. Protests against the building work B. Modern farming practices
C. The green belt around cities D. Plants and wildlife
Câu 33: The phrase “associated with” in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to ______.
A. related to B. referred to C. supported by D. separated from
Câu 34: According to the passage, all of the following are true EXCEPT ______.
A. the green belt is under pressure because of the need for land
B. the use of chemicals harms the environment of the countryside
C. camps are set up by protesters to stop the construction work
D. all organizations strongly oppose plans for road construction
Câu 35: The phrase “reach to the horizon” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to ______.
A. are endless B. are horizontal C. are varied D. are limited
Câu 36: According to the passage, some Americans choose to live in the country because ______.
A. life there may be easier for them
B. they enjoy the safe, clean, attractive environment there
C. their children enjoy country life
D. hospitals, schools and shops are conveniently located there
Câu 37: Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?
A. Towns in some Midwestern states in the US are separated by long distances.
B. The majority of American people live in cities and towns.
C. Both British and American people are thinking of moving to the countryside.
D. Many British people think of the country as a place of peace and relaxation.
Câu 38: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions
Many successful film directions are former actors who desire to expand their experience in
A B C D
the film industry.

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions. from 39 to 50

Câu 39: Nowadays children would prefer history ______ in more practical ways.
A. be taught B. to be taught C. to teach D. teach
Câu 40: If they are not careful with their accounts, their business will go___________.
A. broken B. penniless C. poor D. bankrupt
Câu 41: In the kitchen, there is a table.
A. beautiful large round wooden B. wooden round large beautiful
C. round large wooden beautiful D. large beautiful wooden round
Câu 42: Anne: “Make yourself at home”. John: “ _______”
A. Not at all. Don’t mention it B. Yes, can I help you
C. Thanks! Same to you D. That’s very kind. Thank you
Câu 43: Unemployment is a serous problem ________many countries in the world.
A. with B. in C. for D. of
Câu 44: America, as well as Japan, England, and Germany__________.
A. is developing countries B. is a developed country
C. are developing countries D. are developed countries
Câu 45: Since they aren't answering the phone, they __________ .
A. can’t have left B. should have left C. must have left D. need have left
Câu 46: There are two small rooms in the beach house , _________ served as a kitchen .
A. the smallest of which B. smallest of that
C. the smaller of which D. the smaller of them
Câu 47: Tom :Is the lift still working? Peter: No , it’s ________ Let’s use the stairs.
A. out of order B. impossible C. in danger D. out of work
Câu 48: Harriet was offered the job _______her linguistic abilities.
A. as regard B. on account of C. owing to D. according to
Câu 49: The human brain _______ only two percent of an adult's body weight.
A. makes up B. which makes up C. makes it up D. it makes up
Câu 50: Don’t be late for the interview; _________ people will think you are a disorganized person.
A. or so B. otherwise C. unless D. if not

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is closet in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions. From 51 to 53.
Câu 51: Most of the school-leavers are sanguine about the idea of going to work and earning money.
A. expected B. excited C. fearsome D. optimistic
Câu 52: The situation seems to be changing minute by minute.
A. from time to time B. again and again C. very rapidly D. time after time
Câu 53: The red cross made an equitable distribution of the bread to the starving children.
A. just B. nutritious C. quick D. convenient
Câu 54: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions
Building thousands of years ago, the ancient palace is popular with modern tourists.
A B C D

Câu 55: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions
We have heard so many news about recent developments in computer technology.
A B C D

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions. from 56 to 65
Câu 56: As I was........of the change in the program, I arrived half an hour late for the rehearsal.
A. unable B. unaware C. unconscious D. unreasonable
Câu 57: I remember Mary as a spotty young girl but she's turned_______ beautiful woman.
A. to B. in C. on D. into
Câu 58: “Could you bring me some water?” Waiter: “_________ ”.
A. Certainly, sir B. I don’t want to C. Yes, I can D. No, I can’t
Câu 59: Sport is sometimes controlled by politicians, who use it to make their country look ________others.
A. more than B. better than C. more worse than D. less than
Câu 60: Had they arrived at the shop earlier, they ______ a better selection of clothes.
A. will find B. will have found
C. would have found D. would be finding
Câu 61: The United States consists of 50 states , __________has its own government .
A. each of which B. each of that C. they each D. hence each
Câu 62: Luckily , by the time we got there , the painting ______
A. didn't sell B. hadn't sold C. wasn't sold D. hadn't been sold
Câu 63: If the business were bad , they had to ________some of their staff .
A. put down B. take on C. lay off D. hang up
Câu 64: The temperature ______ takes place varies widely from material to material.
A. which melting B. which they melt
C. at which melting D. at which they melt
Câu 65: Megan solved her computer problem quite ________. She happened to mention it to a friend who had had the same problem and told her what to do.
A. clumsily B. attentively C. occasionally D. accidentally

Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks. From 66 to 75.
Keeping fit and staying healthy have, not surprisingly, become a growth industry . Quite apart from the amount of money spent each year on doctors’ (66)_____ and approved medical treatment, huge sums are now spent on health foods and remedies f various kinds, from vitamin pills to mineral water, (67) health clubs and keep- fit books and videos. We are more concerned than ever, it seems, (68) the water we drink and the air we breathe, and are smoking less, though not yet drinking less alcohol. This does not appear to mean that coughs and sneezes have been banished, or that we can all expect to live to a hundred. To give a personal example, one of my friends, who is a keep- fit (69)______, a non- smoker and teetotaler, and who is very (70)______about what he eats, is at present languishing in bed with a wrist in plaster and a badly sprained ankle. Part of his healthy (71)______ is to play squash every day after work, and that (72)_______ for the ankle. He also cycles everywhere, and if you have ever tried to cycle through the rush-hour traffic with a sprained ankle, you will understand (73)_______ he acquired the broken wrist. For (74)_____, it seems, is not just a matter of a good diet and plenty of exercise. Too much exercise can be harmful, as many joggers have discovered. Eating the right food can easily become an obsession, as can overworking, which you might have to do so as to be able to afford your (75) of the squash club, your mountain bike, your health food, and a few holidays in peaceful and healthy places.
Câu 66: A. hospitals B. surgeries C. payments D. prescriptions
Câu 67: A. saying B. beside C. example D. not to mention
Câu 68: A. about B. for C. hence D. than
Câu 69: A. fanatic B. fad C. person D. follower
Câu 70: A. varied B. particular C. detailed D. interested
Câu 71: A. liveliness B. lifestyle C. lifetime D. living
Câu 72: A. caters B. accounts C. depends D. is
Câu 73: A. whenever B. that C. how D. thus
Câu 74: A. fit B. all C. health D. this
Câu 75: A. subscription B. visit C. share D. membership

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions from 76 to 80.
Câu 76: I only called the police when I had tried everything else.
A. I didn’t call the police because I had tried everything else.
B. Because I had tried everything else, I called the police.
C. I only called the police after I have tried everything else.
D. I only called the police as a last resort.
Câu 77: I am sorry you are not doing a job where you could use your English.
A. I am sad that you could use your English in the job you are doing.
B. I’d like you to use your English in the job you are doing.
C. I wish you were doing a job where you could use your English.
D. I apologize to you for not doing a job where you could use your English.
Câu 78: Only after food has been dried or canned ___________.
A. that it is stored for later consumption
B. was it stored for later consumption
C. should it be stored for later consumption
D. it can be stored for later consumption
Câu 79: Jane asked Ann if it was the blue one or the green she wanted.
A. “Which one did you want, the blue or the green?” asked Jane.
B. “Which one does Ann want, the green or the blue?” asked Jane.
C. “Which one did she want, the blue or the green, Ann?” asked Jane.
D. “Which one do you want, the blue or the green, Ann?” asked Jane.
Câu 80: The Prime Minister set up a committee of financial experts. They were to help him discuss and formulate the policies.
A. A committee consisting of financial experts who were helped by the Prime Minister discussed and formulated new policies.
B. The Prime Minister, who was helped by financial experts, set up a committee to discuss and formulate new policies.
C. A committee of financial experts was set up by the Prime Minister to help him discuss and formulate new policies.
D. The Prime Minister, who is a financial expert, set up a committee to discuss and formulate new policies.

-----------------------------------------------
----------- THE END ----------

CHAT
  1. No shouts have been posted yet.

Chủ đề mới

VnKienthuc lúc này

Không có thành viên trực tuyến.

Định hướng

Diễn đàn VnKienthuc.com là nơi thảo luận và chia sẻ về mọi kiến thức hữu ích trong học tập và cuộc sống, khởi nghiệp, kinh doanh,...