• Chào mừng Bạn tham gia Diễn Đàn Kiến Thức tổng hợp No.1 VNKienThuc.com - Định hướng VN Kiến Thức
    -
    HÃY TẠO CHỦ ĐỀ KIẾN THỨC HỮU ÍCH VÀ CÙNG NHAU THẢO LUẬN

The old dollars! Let's translate!

• Thread starter Thread starter thongoc
  • Ngày gửi Ngày gửi

thongoc

Xu
Đây là câu chuyện hết sức cảm động mà Thỏ ngọc được học trong chương trình Tiếng Anh 12NC. Lần đầu đọc câu chuyện này Thỏ ngọc đã không kìm được nước mắt. Hì! Bây giờ gõ lại nó vẫn thấy rưng rưng:D Tuy vậy Thỏ chỉ hiểu chứ không có kinh nghiệm nên không thể dịch hay và thuận đươc. Hic!
Mọi người cùng đọc và thử xem ai dịch hay hơn và có chiều sâu hơn nhé! Để chúng ta có thể cảm nhận nó toàn diện hơn. Xin cảm ơn!

A father came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his seven-year-old son waiting for him at the door. The boy approached his father. He wanted to know how much his father made a day. The father was so angry at the question. He thought it was none of the son’s business. However, the boy insisted on the question, an finaly, the father let him know that he made 35 dollars a day. The boy was thoughtful sor a while, and then he begged his father to loan him fifteen dollars. The father was so furious and guedssed his son would use money to buy some silly toys or some orther nonesense. He blamed the boy for being selfish and thoughtless to have such a childish demand while he had been woking very hard during the day for their living. He scolded the boy and orderd him to go straight to his room. The boy kept silent and went sodding to his room.

The father was still angry about his boy’s behavior. After about an hour or so, he calmed down and thought that his son might really need fifteen dollars for something important; furthermore, the boy had never asked him for money before. The father went to his son’s room and knocked on the door. “Are you asleep, son?” “No, Daddy,” the little boy was sobbing. “I have been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier,” said the father. “It’s been a long hard day and I took out my irritation on you. Here’s the fifteen dollars you asked for.” The boy topped sobbing, and was smilling, “Oh, thank you very much, dady.” Then, he pulled out some crumbled up bills under his pillow and said, “Now I have enough money.” The father was angry again, he grumble, “Why do you want more money if you already have some?” “Because I don’t have enough,” replied the boy. “Now I have thirty- five dollars. Daddy, can I buy a day of your time so that you can stay home with me?”

Chủ đề mới

VnKienthuc lúc này

Không có thành viên trực tuyến.

Định hướng

Diễn đàn VnKienthuc.com là nơi thảo luận và chia sẻ về mọi kiến thức hữu ích trong học tập và cuộc sống, khởi nghiệp, kinh doanh,...