• Chào mừng Bạn tham gia Diễn Đàn Kiến Thức tổng hợp No.1 VNKienThuc.com - Định hướng VN Kiến Thức
    -
    HÃY TẠO CHỦ ĐỀ KIẾN THỨC HỮU ÍCH VÀ CÙNG NHAU THẢO LUẬN

Giúp mình vài câu này nhé!

Vân Giang

Xu
Read the passage and fill in each blank with one suitable word to complete it
In Canada and the United States, one of the most (1)_____ holidays in the year is Halloween. Halloween is a festival (2)_____ on October 31[SUP]st[/SUP]. The name of the holiday means “hallowed” or “holy evening” bccause it happens the day before All Saints Day. In some places, (3)____ even go to school in their Halloween costumes. After dark, many young children put on their costumes and visit their neighbors. They knock on the (4)____ and shout “Trick or treat”. Then the neighbors (5)_____ them some candy, cookies, fruit or money. Sometimes (6)_____ is collected to help UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund).

(7)____ and older childre also celebrate Halloween with parades,, festivalls and costume (8)____ in the evening. It’s a day when people dress up in strange or unusual costumes. For example, the may dress up to look (9)___ an animal, or a person from a book or movie or a famous (10)______ in history. Some people create their (11)____ costumes while others rent them. There’s usually a (12)____ for the best or most unusual (13)____ . One of the party events popular with children is dunking for the (14)_____ which are put in tubs filled with water. People try to get the fruits using their mouths, hand (15)____ be used.
Homes, stores and classrooms are decorated in the traditional Halloween (16)____, orange and black. Usual decorations are: witches, black cats, ghosts, skeletons and jack-o-lanterns. Jack—lanterns are (17)____ that are carved to look like faces. They are placed on door-way entrances and in windows. Horror movies and ghost stories are (18) ____ on TV on this day.
Many superstitions are connected (19)_____ this day. People believed that ghosts, spirits, and witches came out to harm people on Halloween. It is because of this legend that people place jack-o-lanterns and scary decorations in front of their homes to scare evil spirits away. People also thought that cats were scared. They were believed to have been once humans who were changed (20)_____ animals because they did evil things. That’s why black cats are part of Halloween.
Chọn đáp án đúng

1. A. cancer B. process C. science D. democracy
2. A. painstaking B. chopsticks C. clockwise D. apposition
3: I bout a _____ ticket, as I was going to return by car
A. simple
B. return
C. single
D. double
4. She's only here for three weeks, because it's a/an _____ job
A. part-time B. full time C. temporary D. overtime
5: Mary stopped swimming and just _____ on the surface
A. sank B. floated C. dived D. poured
6.I fell over while skiing and my sister had to ____ a doctor
A. bring B. take C. fetched D. carry
7. The thief wore gloves so that his fingerprints didn't _____
A. give him in
B. give him away
C. give him out
D. give him up

In Canada and the United States, one of the most (1) popular holidays in the year is Halloween. Halloween is a festival (2) held on October 31[SUP]st[/SUP]. The name of the holiday means “hallowed” or “holy evening” bccause it happens the day before All Saints Day. In some places, (3) children even go to school in their Halloween costumes. After dark, many young children put on their costumes and visit their neighbors. They knock on the (4) door and shout “Trick or treat”. Then the neighbors (5) give them some candy, cookies, fruit or money. Sometimes (6)money is collected to help UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund).

(7)Adult and older childre also celebrate Halloween with parades,, festivalls and costume (8) outside in the evening. It’s a day when people dress up in strange or unusual costumes. For example, the may dress up to look (9) like an animal, or a person from a book or movie or a famous (10) person in history. Some people create their (11) own costumes while others rent them. There’s usually a (12) prize for the best or most unusual (13) costumes . One of the party events popular with children is dunking for the (14) fruits which are put in tubs filled with water. People try to get the fruits using their mouths, hand (15) which be used.
Homes, stores and classrooms are decorated in the traditional Halloween (16) colors , orange and black. Usual decorations are: witches, black cats, ghosts, skeletons and jack-o-lanterns. Jack—lanterns are (17) made that are carved to look like faces. They are placed on door-way entrances and in windows. Horror movies and ghost stories are (18) often on TV on this day.
Many superstitions are connected (19) in this day. People believed that ghosts, spirits, and witches came out to harm people on Halloween. It is because of this legend that people place jack-o-lanterns and scary decorations in front of their homes to scare evil spirits away. People also thought that cats were scared. They were believed to have been once humans who were changed (20) into animals because they did evil things. That’s why black cats are part of Halloween.

1. A. can
cer B. process C. science D. democracy
2. A. painstaking B. chopsticks C. clockwise D. apposition
3: I bout a _____ ticket, as I was going to return by car
A. simple
B. return
C. single
D. double
single ticket. vé đơn(chỉ dùng cho 1 lần đi)
4. She's only here for three weeks, because it's a/an _____ job
A. part-time B. full time C. temporary D. overtime
5: Mary stopped swimming and just _____ on the surface
A. sank B. floated C. dived D. poured
6.I fell over while skiing and my sister had to ____ a doctor
A. bring B. take C. fetched D. carry
fetch a doctor. tìm bác sĩ
7. The thief wore gloves so that his fingerprints didn't _____
A. give him in
B. give him away
C. give him out
D. give him up
give sb away. để lộ
Bạn tham khảo bài này, bài điền từ mình làm một số chỗ không hợp lí. :D Mong giúp được bạn.
Chúc bạn học tốt. :D

Chủ đề mới

VnKienthuc lúc này

Không có thành viên trực tuyến.

Định hướng

Diễn đàn VnKienthuc.com là nơi thảo luận và chia sẻ về mọi kiến thức hữu ích trong học tập và cuộc sống, khởi nghiệp, kinh doanh,...