• HÃY CÙNG TẠO & THẢO LUẬN CÁC CHỦ ĐỀ KIẾN THỨC [Vn Kiến Thức] - Định hướng VnKienthuc.com
    -
    Mọi kiến thức & Thông tin trên VnKienthuc chỉ mang tính chất tham khảo, Diễn đàn không chịu bất kỳ trách nhiệm liên quan
    - VnKienthuc tạm khóa đăng ký tài khoản tự động để hạn chế SEO bẩn, SPAM, quảng cáo. Chưa đăng ký, KHÁCH vẫn có thể đọc và bình luận.

Bài tập về thì trong tiếng anh

bichdao

Xu
UNIT 1: PRESENT TIME

I. Choose the most suitable tense:
1. What sort of work do you do/are you doing?
2. I can talk now. I cook/I’m cooking the dinner.
3. What shall we have? Do you like/Are you liking fish?
4. Can I borrow this typewriter? Or do you use it/are you using it?
5. What do the people here do/are the people here doing in the evenings?
6. Follow that bus. Then you turn/you are turning left.
7. A lot of people think that the Sun goes/is going around the Earth.
8. Excuse me, do you read/are you reading your newspaper? Could I borrow it?
9. Do you wait/Are you waiting for the bus to Newcastle?
10. Andy builds/is building his own house in the country.

II. Put each verb in brackets into either the Present Simple or Present Continuous:
1. There’s nobody here, and the door’s locked. What (we do) now?
2. What (you look) at? I (wear) the wrong clothes again?
3. I (look) after Jack’s dog this weekend. (you want) to take it for a walk?
4. Who (drive) that Mercedes that’s parked outside?
5. I (still have) a pain in my leg but it (get) better.
6. Who (Sue dance) with? That’s not her brother, is it?
7. Harry (look) very untidy! He (wear) dirty jeans all the time.
8. I (write) in reply to your advertisement in the Daily News.
9. That plant I bought (not grow) very much. And I (water) it every day.
10. Which hotel (you stay) in whenever you (come) here?

III. Rewrite each sentence, replacing the words underlined with a form of the verb in brackets.
1. This flower has a wonderful perfume. (smell)
2. I think you are behaving in a very silly way. (be)
3. She is expecting a baby in the summer. (have)
4. Nancy is considering moving to Scotland (think of)
5. Don’t go in. they are holding a meeting. (have)
6. I am meeting Janet this evening actually. (see)
7. Good clothes are becoming more and more expensive. (cost)
8. I am just trying the soup to see if it needs more salt. (taste)
9. Helen is taking a bath at the moment. (have)
10. I think that you would be happier in another job. (feel)

IV. Put each verb in brackets into either the Present Simple or Present Continuous.
I (just write) to tell you how much I (appreciate) the money you sent me, and to tell you how I (get) on in my first term at university. Actually, I (really enjoy) myself! I (study) quite hard as well, but at the moment I (spend) a lot of time just making friends. I (still stay) with my friend Sue, and I (look) for somewhere of my own to live. Only a few of the first-year students (live) in college here, and I (seem) to be spending a lot of time travelling backwards and forwards. I (go) to lectures every morning, and most afternoons I (study) in the library. In fact I (write) this letter instead of an essay on ‘Hamlet’! I (think) I’ll buy some new clothes with the money you sent. Everything (cost) a lot here, and I (save) to buy a winter coat. It (get) really cold here in the evenings. I (know) lots of other students and generally speaking we (have) quite a good time socially! I (also learn) to drive.
See you soon!
Katherine.

bichdao

Xu
UNIT 2: PAST TIME

II. Choose the most suitable tense.
1. I suddenly remembered that I forgot/had forgotten my key.
2. While Diana watched/was watching her favourite TV programme there was a power-cut.
3. Tom used to live/would live in the house at the end of the street.
4. Who was driving/drove the car at the time of the accident?
5. By the time Sheila got back, Chris went/had gone.
6. David ate/had eaten Japanese food before, so he knew what to order.
7. I did/was doing some shopping yesterday, when I saw that Dutch friend of yours.
8. I used to like/was liking sweets much more than I do now.
9. What exactly were you doing/did you do when I came into your office yesterday?
10. Laura missed the party because no one was telling/had told her about it.
11. Tanya would/used to be a doctor.

III. Put each verb in brackets into a suitable tense. All sentences refer to past time. Only use the Past Perfect where this is absolutely necessary.
1. While I (try) to get my car started, a passing car (stop) and the driver (offer) to help me.
2. The police (pay) no attention to Clare’s complaint because she (phone) them so many times before.
3. Mary (not wear) her glasses at the time, so she (not notice) what kind of car the man (drive).
4. Nick (lie) down on the grass for a while next to some tourists who (feed) the ducks.
5. Tony (admit) that he (hit) the other car, but said that he (not damage) it.
6. Sorry, I (not listen) to you. I (think) about something else.
7. Helen (feel) very tired, and while she (finish) her studying, she (fall) asleep.
8. The police (get) to Clare’s house as fast as they could, but the burglars (disappear).
9. I (phone) you last night but you (not answer). What (you do)?
10. We (not go) out yesterday because it (rain).

V. Put each verb in brackets into a suitable past tense:
When Professor Mallory, the famous archaeologist, (invite) me to take part in his expedition to find the Lost City of the Himalayas, I (not hesitate) to accept his invitation. Mallory ( discover) an ancient map showing the position of the city, although no European (ever go) to the area before. In fact, most of Mallory’s colleagues in Oxford either (believer) that the city (never exist) or (feel) that it (vanish) long ago and simply (become) a legend. According to the Professor, the builders of the city (hide) it among the mountains in order to protect its immense riches. He (believe) that the descendants of these ancient people (still keep) themselves apart from the rest of mankind for the very same reasons. So when we (set off) on a cool May morning towards the distant mountains, each of us (look forward) to exciting discoveries. For a week or more we (climb) higher and higher, following the map, which Mallory (study) from time to time. Then one afternoon, while we (rest) at the top of a valley, we (notice) that a rider on a horse (wave) at us from the other side of the valley. A rider whose clothes (shine) like gold.

VI. Rewrite each sentence, beginning as shown, using a participle clause:

1. Norman collected the parcel. Then he realized it was the wrong one. à After................
  2. Sue left the house. But first she checked that she had her keys. à Before.............
  3. Mark was parking his car when he noticed the wing-mirror was broken. àWhile...........
  4. Julia cleaned the house. Then she fell asleep on the sofa. à After.........
  5. Brian bought a new TV. First he checked all the prices. à Before.............
  6. Alan was skiing in Switzerland. He met his old friend, Ken. à While................
  7. Kate took two aspirins, and then she felt a lot better. à After.............
  8. Sheila went out for the evening, but first she washed her hair. à Before..........
  9. Michael was taking a bath when he heard someone at the door. à While........
  10. First Trudy read the book. Then she decided that she didn’t like it. à After.......

bichdao

Xu
UNIT 3: PRESENT PERFECT

II. Choose the most suitable tense:
1. Did you see/Have you seen my bag anywhere? I can’t find it.
2. Larry is writing/has been writing/has written his novel for the last two years without getting further than Chapter One.
3. From the minute he got up this morning, Gary asked/has asked/has been asking silly questions!
4. Have you given/Did you give Helen my message when you have seen/saw her?
5. Sorry, could you say that again? I didn’t listen/haven’t listened/haven’t been listening to you.
6. The police think that they found/have found your missing wallet, so call this number.
7. I don’t think we’ll go swimming after all because the weather changed/has changed/has been changing.
8. How was your holiday in Italy? Did you visit/Have you visited lots of interesting places?
9. Did you two meet/Have you two met before? Eric, this is Amada.
10. Did you meet/Have you met anyone interesting at the reception?

III. Put each verb in brackets into a suitable tense:
1. I’m sorry about not coming last week. I (have) a cold and so I (stay) at home.
2. Wait a minute. I (have) an idea. Let’s go and see Roger. We last (see) him a long time ago.
3. It’s nice to be back here in London. This is the second time I (come) here.
4. I’m phoning about your advertisement for a bicycle for sale, which I (see) in the local paper. (you sell) it? Or is it still available?
5. This place is in a terrible mess! What on earth (you do)?
6. And now for an item of local news. Hampshire police (find) the dangerous snake which (go) missing earlier in the week.
7. This tooth (kill) me lately! So I (make) an appointment with the dentist for Tuesday.
8. I can’t give you the report I (promise) for today because I (not finish).
9. Harry (not look) well since he (go) on a diet.
10. It says in the paper that they (discover) oil in Wales. They (look for) it for ages.

V. Rewrite each sentence, beginning as shown, so that the meaning stays the same:
1. Steve started learning the violin a month ago. -> Steve has.............
2. I haven’t been to an Indian restaurant for ages. -> It’s ages..............
3. When she heard the results, Mary began to feel more confident. -> Since hearing the results..............
4. The last time Nancy came here was in 1986. -> Nancy hasn’t...............
5. This is my first visit to Japan. -> This is the first time.............
6. How long have Helen and Robert been married? -> When............
7. Jack bought those trousers last month, and has been wearing them ever since. -> Jack has.....
8. It’s a long time since our last conversation. -> We...........
9. Thanks, but I had something to eat earlier. -> Thanks, but I’ve..............
10. This is my first game of water-polo. -> I..............

VI. Put each verb in brackets into either the Present Perfect Simple or Present Perfect Continuous.
1. Someone (eat) all the cakes. I’ll have to buy some more.
2. What (you buy) your sister for her birthday?
3. My throat is really sore. I (sing) all evening.
4. Brenda (learn) Russian, but she finds it difficult.
5. How many people (you invite) to your party?
6. Those two cats (sit) on that branch for the last hour.
7. It (rain) all day! Why can’t it stop!
8. Diana (wear) twelve different dresses in the past week.
9. I (do) everything you asked. What should I do now?
10. Graham and Pauline (try) to find a house for ages, but they can’t find one they can afford.

VII. Put each verb in brackets into either the Past Simple, Present Perfect Simple, or Present Perfect Continuous.
It was announced in London this morning that the British Oil Corporation (discover) oil under the sea near the Welsh coast. The company, which (drill) for oil in the area since 1990, (find) small amounts of oil near Swansea last month, and since then (discover) larger amounts under the sea-bed nearby. Last year the government (lend) over $50 billion to BOC, and (give) permission for the company to build an oil refinery and other facilities in South Wales. The reaction of local people to today’s news (be) mixed so far. Local MPs (already welcome) the news, pointing out that the oil industry will bring badly needed jobs to the area. But local residents are worried about the danger of pollution. ‘Nobody (ask) us yet what we want’, said Ann Griffiths, leader of the Keep Out The Oil Campaign. ‘Look what (happen) when they (find) oil in Scotland in the 1960s. The oil companies (get) rich, not the local people. BOC (not tell) us the truth about what this is going to mean for our people’. A BOC spokesman later (refuse) to comment. Meanwhile local campaigners (ask) the government to hold an inquiry.

CHAT
  1. No shouts have been posted yet.

Chủ đề mới

VnKienthuc lúc này

Không có thành viên trực tuyến.

Định hướng

Diễn đàn VnKienthuc.com là nơi thảo luận và chia sẻ về mọi kiến thức hữu ích trong học tập và cuộc sống, khởi nghiệp, kinh doanh,...