• Chào mừng Bạn tham gia Diễn Đàn Kiến Thức tổng hợp No.1 VNKienThuc.com - Định hướng VN Kiến Thức
    -
    HÃY TẠO CHỦ ĐỀ KIẾN THỨC HỮU ÍCH VÀ CÙNG NHAU THẢO LUẬN

Đề thi Học sinh giỏi Huyện Tuy An năm 2010

hoanganh0069

Xu
PHÒNG GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO TUY AN
ĐỀ THI HỌC SINH GIỎI LỚP 9 CẤP HUYỆN NĂM HỌC 2010-2011
w8d4n1a7l0cv
Môn thi: Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Thời gian làm bài: 150 phút (không kể thời gian phát đề)
Đề thi (Phần 1 , 12 phút) gồm có 01 trang.

PART 1: LISTENING ( 4 points)

Listen and fill in the missing words. ( 4 points)
    • SLEEPY TEENS, EARLY CLASSES
This is the VOA Special English Education Report.
Last week, we talked about the conflict between sleepy teenagers and early morning classes. Many people commented on our website and Facebook page.
For example, Damla Ece in Turkey wrote: I agree with the idea of starting lessons later so teenagers can feel better in the morning. But sleeping more than (1)………….hours can be wasting time for students.
Tran in Vietnam disagreed: I think teenagers, on the average, need eight to ten hours of sleep (2)………….. It's useless trying to force them to concentrate while they can't concentrate.
Enilton Neymakes in (3)………….goes to sleep late and wakes up in the afternoon. That's my (4)…………., but at least I am studying.
Afshin Heydari from Tehran says schools should start early to avoid heavy (5)…………. later in the morning. And Suze from Jordan wrote: When I was a teenager, I enjoyed taking my courses as (6)…………. as possible That way I could find a long time in the day to do my own activities.
But Azra from Kyrgyzstan said the (7)…………. schools start early there is a lack of classrooms.
Omid in Afghanistan calls teenagers the destiny makers of a society. So they must be more alert and active in order to be more (8)…………. .
And Joruji in Japan wrote: When I was a teenager, I used to get up before six to go to school, which was far (9)…………. home, and I don't remember having problems. I think nowadays the Internet, TV games and cellphones make teens go to sleep later.
Thirty-year-old Kika in Spain says: In my opinion, young people are very (10)………….
But Dennis Jin disagrees: For high school students in(11)…………., we must reach class at six-twenty in the morning and be back home usually at ten in the evening. Then we'll have some extra schoolwork to do. Can you imagine how long could we (12)…………every day?
Teenagers are not the only ones who suffer. Kathy in (13)………….wrote: My daughter likes complaining about everything in the morning, and I know that this is from lack of sleep. I wish schools should (14)…………. their start time to eight-thirty or nine a.m.
Vidara Mom, a Cambodian living in New Zealand, says school starts at nine and finishes at three p.m. Therefore the (15)…………. have heaps of times to interact and play before they go home.
Wibi Sebastian from Indonesia wishes school started at seven-thirty instead of seven. But one thing, don't forget to eat breakfast!
And Naima Star in Libya wrote: Getting up so early in the morning and leaving the warm bed is so (16)…………., especially in the cold weather. It reminds me of that old song: "It's nice to get up in the morning, but it's nicer to stay in bed."
And that's the VOA Special English Education Report.
PART 2: PRONUNCIATION AND VOCABULARY ( 3 points)
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest. ( 1,5 points)
1. A. raised B. picked C. laughed D. watched
2. A. long B. song C. tongue D. wrong
3. A. surely B. sugar C. pleasure D. assure
4. A. environment B. device C. provide D. service
5. A. car B. large C. parents D. are
6. A. zoo B. flood C. balloon D. soon

II. Give the correct form of the word in brackets. ( 1,5 points)
The Internet has rapidly developed and become part of our (1)……………life. It is a very fast and convenient way to get information. People use Internet for such a lot of purposes as (2)……………, communication, entertainment and comerce. The Internet helps people communicate with their friends and (3)…………… by means of e-mail or chatting. However, the Internet also has some limitations. It is not only time-consuming and costly but also(4)……………because of viruses and bad programs. Moreover, the Internet (5)…………… sometimes have to suffer various risks such as spam or electric junk mail and (6)……………information leaking. So, while enjoying surfing, be alert !

(DAY) (EDUCATE)

(RELATIVE)

(DANGER)
(USE)
(PERSON)

PART 3: GRAMMAR ( 3 points)
I. Choose A, B, C or D to complete the following sentences.( 2 points)
1. I worked in Paris……… the war.
A. between B. when C. among D.during
2. Paper is made……… wood.
A. of B. up C. in D. from
3. “Who are you inviting to the folk festival ?”
“ Noone. I’m going…….. myself.”
A. by B. with C. for D. to
4. He had hardly opened his mouth to speak ……… someone in the audience threw an egg at him.
A. when B. as C. while D. that
5. The men have worked a lot …….. since they had a pay rise.
A. careful B. more careful C. carefully D. more carefully
6. My car is…….. good condition.
A. in B. at C. on D. with
7. The lift is not working now. It is out…….. order.
A. of B. in C. for D. by
8. The are two temples and ……… of them are old.
A. one B. all C. both D. each
II. Give the suitable form of the verbs in brackets( 1 point)
1. At last you are here. I ( wait) ……..for you more than half an hour.
2. We are looking forward to (take) …….. on a tour of Athens by our Greek friend.
3. Look ! The teacher ( look) …… at you.
4. Lan has a serious lung cancer, so she really must stop ( smoke)……....

PART 4: READING (5 points)
I. Fill in each blank with ONE suitable word.( 2,5 points)
We are all destroying the earth. The seas and rivers are (1)…………dirty to swim in. There is so (2)………. smoke in the air that it is unhealthy to live in many of the world’s cities. In one well-known city, for example, poisonous gases from car pollute the air so much that policemen have to wear oxygen masks.We have cut down so many trees(3)…………there are now vast areas (4)………… wasteland all over the world. As a result, farmers in parts of Africa cannot grow (5)……….. to eat. In certain countries in Asia there is so little rice. Moreover, we do not (6)………….enough care of the countryside. Wild animals (7)……….quickly disappearing. For instance, tigers are rare in India now (8)……….. we have killed too many for them to (9)……….. . However, it isn’t so simple to talk about the problem. We must act now before it is too late to do anything about it. Join us now. Save the earth. This is too (10)…………. to ignore.
II. Read the following passage and choose the best answer to complete the sentence.(2,5 points)
Parents often have dreams for their children’s futures. They hope their children will have a better life than they had. They dream that their children will do things that they couldn’t do. Parents who come to the U.S. from foreign contries hope their children will have more careerchoices and more successful lives. They make many sacrifices so that their children will have more opportunities. They think their children will remain close to them because of this. Some children understand and appreciate these sacrifices and remain close to their parents. However, other children feel ashamed that their parents are so different from other Americans.
1. Parents often dream of ……………………………………………………………..
a. their children making a lot of money in the future.
b. one day seeing their children become famous people.
c. a bright future for their children.
d. one day living on their children’s money.
2. Parents who come to the U.S. from foreign contries hope that …………………….
a. their children have a lot of careers.
b. their children will become successful directors.
c. their children will have more opportunity for good education.
d. their children will make a lot of sacrifices.
3. Parents think their children will remain close to them because……………………..
a. they give their children a lot of money.
b. they know their children will be successful in their lives.
c. of their sacrifices.
d. they are living in a foreign country.
4. The word “ career” most nearly means………………………………………………
a. education b. travel c. subject d. profession
5. The word “ close” most nearly means ……………………………………………….
a. dear b. friendly c. helpful d. kind

PART 5: WRITING ( 5 points)
I. Rewrite the sentences with the given word(s) so that it is nearest in meaning to the given one.( 2 points)
1. I can’t go out if my parents don’t permit me.
I can’t go out without……………………………………………
2. They didn’t find the trip interesting because the weather was bad.
Because of …………………………………………………….
3. You are too young to go out yourself.
You are not………………………………………………….
4. Mary likes visiting old churches.
Mary is………………………………………………. ……..
5. They could not do anything to stop the fire.
Nothing………………………………..
6. They have got an Italian car. It’s big and red.
They have got a…………………………………………….
7. Tom is a more careful driver than Peter.
Peter doesn’t………………………………………………..
8. The hairdresser is cutting my hair this afternoon.
I am having………………………………………………….

II. Write meaningful sentences with the given words.( 1,5 points)
1. Hall/ too crowded/ us / get in.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...
2. I/ apologise/ him/ not able/ arrive/ on time.
3. He/ spend/ get/ an hour/ school/ everyday.
4. It/ difficult/ learn/ two languages/ same time.
5. My father/ give / smoking/ five years ago.
6. Everyone/ know/ computers/ be useful. And/ there/ wonderful/ programs.
III. Write a letter to a friend. Tell him/her about a place you have visited recently. Use the following prompts to help you.( 1,5 points)
- Place you have visited recently.
- Distance from your city/home.
- How to get there.
- How about the sights.
- The weather.
- Your feeling.

--------------------------- HẾT ---------------------------

Chủ đề mới

VnKienthuc lúc này

Không có thành viên trực tuyến.

Định hướng

Diễn đàn VnKienthuc.com là nơi thảo luận và chia sẻ về mọi kiến thức hữu ích trong học tập và cuộc sống, khởi nghiệp, kinh doanh,...