• HÃY CÙNG TẠO & THẢO LUẬN CÁC CHỦ ĐỀ KIẾN THỨC [Vn Kiến Thức] - Định hướng VnKienthuc.com
    -
    Mọi kiến thức & Thông tin trên VnKienthuc chỉ mang tính chất tham khảo, Diễn đàn không chịu bất kỳ trách nhiệm liên quan
    - VnKienthuc tạm khóa đăng ký tài khoản tự động để hạn chế SEO bẩn, SPAM, quảng cáo. Chưa đăng ký, KHÁCH vẫn có thể đọc và bình luận.

Đề ôn thi học kì 2 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11

Đỗ Thị Lan Hương

Cộng tác viên
Thành viên BQT
Để củng cố kiến thức và giúp các bạn học sinh đạt kết quả cao trong kì thi học kì 2, dưới đây là đề cương ôn thi học kì 2 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11, mời các bạn cùng tham khảo

Đề ôn thi học kì 2 môn tiếng Anh.png

Exercise 1: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.

1. A. entrance B. diploma C. exchange D. apply
2. A. pursue B. curtain C. furniture D. further
3. A. admission B. profession C. passion D. passive
4. A. certificate B. decorate C. undergraduate D. doctorate
5. A. consult B. campus C. discussion D. subject
6. A. tutor B. master C. tuition D. transcript
7. A. intact B. dynasty C. citadel D. royal
8. A. heritage B. passage C. teenage D. package
9. A. distinctive B. diversity C. irresponsible D. islet
10. A. relic B. limestone/ai C. ruin D. scenic
11. A grotto B. poetic C. worship D. dome
12. A. cruise B. mosaic C. cuisine D. craftsman
13. A. diploma B. grotto C. doctorate D. dome
14. A. citadel B. climate C. bachelor D. diploma
15. A. disease B. cause C. university D. preserved

Exercise 2: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.

1. A. di’ploma B. ‘doctorate C. ‘internship D. scholarship
2. A. under’graduate B. uni’versity C. mauso’leum D. accommo’dation
3. A. ‘eligible B. ‘kindergarten C. mag’nificent D. secondary
4. A. coo’rdinator B. oppor’tunity C. inter’national D. simi’larity
5. A. a’bundant B.’ masterpiece C. de’molish D. mosaic
6. A. ‘mandatory B. mag’nificent C. har’monious D. imperial
7. A. pictu’resque B. ‘heritage C. emperor D. dynasty
8. A. geo’logical B. archae’ologist C. irre’sponsible D. itinerary
9. A. ‘doctorate B. ‘dynasty C. ‘breathtaking D. ack’nowledge
10. A. eco’logical B. environ’mental C. archaeological D. ana’lytical
11. A. pessi’mistic B. opti’mistic C. over’crowded D.’ innovative
12. A. resi’dential B. en’vironment C. in’soluble D. en’joyable
13. A. ‘infrastructure B. su’stainable C. inhabitant D. renewable
14. A. ‘generate B. under’stand C. innovate D. maximize

II. Grammar
Exercise 1:
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needscorrection in each of the following questions.
1. Humans now have to suffer the effects of global warmingdue to have treated the environment
A B C D

2.Decided on the topic of the presentation, he started finding relevant information for it.
A B C D

3. Having identified the most urgent environmental problems, they start working out all possible solutions
A B C D

4. My brother has applied for that scholarship for months, but he has neversucceeded yet.
A B C D

5. I have found a lot of informations about the history of English language teaching recently.
A B C D

6. I have never been understanding why such a lot of people want to study abroad.
A B C D

7. It is the first time the Internet had ever applied in English teaching and learning in this remote area.
A B C D

8. Due to the geography barrier, he have decided to choose distance education in order to get his university degree.
A B C D

9. Lived here for seven years, my friend volunteers to actas atour guide for us all on our city break.
A B C D

10.“Wait a minute.”said Tom ran through the door.
A B C D

11. Amy seems like a bright student. She's always the first to be finished her work.
A B C D

12. Annoying by the receptionist's behaviour, they decided not to stay in that hotel.
A B C D

13. The book publishing last week is her first novel about a World HeritageSite in Vietnam.
A B C D

14. Should Jade gets to interview a famous politician, she will ask lots of difficult questions.
A B C D

15. I doesn't want a brother or sister if I have a choice.
A B C D

16. None of your friends really enjoyed them selves at the party, didn't they?
A B C D

17. You made no effort to make friends with Darren, do you?
A B C D-->did you

18. You sent that letter I gave you, hadn’t you?
A B C D

19. People who eats lots of red meat are at risk of heart diseases.
A B C D

20. Peter explained to us that if Ann called him back, he'll arrange an appointment for her.
A B C D

III. Reading

Exercise 1: Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
GLOBAL WARMING

Few people now realize the reality of global warming and its effects on the world's climate. Many scientists (1) ____ the blame for recent natural disasters on the increases in the world's temperature and are convinced that, more than ever before, the Earth is at (2) ____ from the forces of the wind, rain and sun. According to them, global warming is making extreme weather events, (3) ____ as hurricanes and droughts, even more severe and causing sea levels all around the world to (4) ____.
Environment groups are putting (5) ____ on governments to take action to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide which is given off by factories and power plants, thus attacking the problem at its source. They are in favour of more money being spent on research into solar, wind, and wave devices, which could then replace existing power (6) ____ . It looks like global warming is here stay.

1. A. push B. put C. pull D. tend
2. A. endanger B. harmful C. risk D. threat
3. A. so B. well C. such D. even
4. A. raise B. lift C. rise(ko cần tân ngữ) D. arise
5. A. pressure B. force C. compress D. encourage
6. A. companies B. factories C. stations D. generations

Exercise 2: Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage.

If you (1) ____ to go to a university, you usually apply during your last year at school, when you are 17-18. You can apply to (2) ____ at any university in Britain and most people choose a university that is not in their own town. So, university students usually live away from home. Students get a grant from the government to study. At the beginning of your last year at school, you (3) ____ an application form. On this form you choose up to five universities that you would like to go to. The form is sent to those universities with (4) ____ from your school about your academic (5) ____. If the universities are interested in your application, they will offer you a place.

1. A. want B. make C. perform D. participate
2. A. lead B. link C. study D. lock
3. A. reply B. ban C. receive D. forward
4. A. problem B. information C. support D. present
5. A. degree B. diploma C. certificate D. record

Exercise 3: Read a text about common wedding rituals in the USA and answer the questions that follow.

The rules of etiquette in American restaurants depend upon a number of factors the physical location of the restaurant, e.g., rural or urban; the type of restaurant, e.g., informal or formal; and certain standards that are more universal. In other words, some standards of etiquette vary significantly while other standards apply almost anywhere. Learning the proper etiquette in a particular type of restaurant in a particular area may sometimes require instruction, but more commonly it simply requires sensitivity and experience. For example, while it is acceptable to read a magazine in a coffee shop, it is inappropriate to do the same in a more luxurious setting. And, if you are eating in a very rustic setting it may be fine to tuck your napkin into your shirt, but if you are in a sophisticated urban restaurant this behavior would demonstrate a lack of manners. It is safe to say, however, that in virtually every restaurant it is unacceptable to indiscriminately throw your food on the floor. The conclusion we can most likely draw from the above is that while the types and locations of restaurants determine etiquette appropriate to them, some rules apply to all restaurants.

Question 1: With what topic is this passage primarily concerned?
A. Instruction in proper etiquette B. Rules of etiquette
C. Variable and universal standards of etiquette D. The importance of good manners

Question 2: Which of the following words is most similar to the meaning of "rustic"?
A. Ancient B. Urban C. Unsophisticated D. Agricultural

Question 3: The author uses the phrase "safe to say" in order to demonstrate that the idea is ____.
A. somewhat innocent B. quite certain C. very clever D. possible

Question 4: What does the word "it" in bold and underlined refer to?
A. Knowing the type of restaurant B. Clear instruction
C. Learning the proper etiquette D. Sensitivity

Question 5: According to the passage, which of the following is a universal rule of etiquette?
A. Eating in rustic settings B. Tucking a napkin in your shirt
C. Reading a magazine at a coffee shop D. Not throwing food on the floor

Exercise 4: Read the passage, and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D for each question.

EDUCATION IN THE FUTURE

Education is another area of social life in which information technology is changing the way we communicate. Today's college students may not simply sit in a lecture or a library to learn about their field. Through their computers and the wonders of virtual reality they can participate in lifelike simulated experiences. Consider the following scenario of the future of education made possible through developments in information technology.

For children over the age of 10, daily attendance at schools is not compulsory. Some of the older children attend school only once or twice weekly to get tutorial support or instruction from a teacher. For the most part, pupils are encouraged to work online from home. Students must complete a minimum number of study hours per year; however, they may make up these hours by studying at home at times that suit their family schedule. They can log on early or late in the day and even join live classes in other countries. In order to ensure that each student is learning adequately, computer software will automatically monitor the number of hours a week each student studies on-line as well as that students' learning materials and assessment activities. Reports will be available for parents and teachers. The software can then identify the best learning activities and condition for each individual student and generate similar activities. It can also areas of weak achievement and produce special programs adjusted to the students' needs.

Question 1. What is the topic of the passage?

A. The effect of information technology on education.
B. Students don't have to go to school any more.
C. Computer software will make sure students learn at home.
D. Students can know about their weak aspects to focus.

Question 2. How many times are children who are older than 10 required to go to school weekly?
A. No time B. Once or twice C. Three D. Four

Question 3. Which of the following could best replace the word "encouraged"?
A. discouraged B. emboldened C. allowed D. banned

Question 4. The word “they” in paragraph 2 refers to ____
A. students B. study hours C. children D. Older children

Question 5. What is NOT mentioned as a benefit of information technology to the students?
A. Students can stay at home to learn.
B. Students can learn at times that suit their schedule.
C. Students' learning time won't be monitored.
D. Students' weak achievement can be identified.

V. Writing

1. Since we have become too dependent on the use of electricity, we have to find alternative sources of energy before fossil fuels run out.
→ Having become too dependent on the use of electricity, we have to find alternative sources of energy before fossil fuel runs out.

2. Tonya had dumped a lot of rubbish on the beach. She was strongly criticised for that.
→ Tonya was strongly criticised for having dumped a lot of rubbish on the beach.

3. David did his homework and they went to bed.
→ Having done his homework, tom went to bed

4. I worked very hard for the exam. Then I passed it.
→ Before I passed the exam, I had worked very hard for it.

5. She watched the film, then she wrote a report.
→ After watching the film, she worte a report

6. I started discussing my research proposal with my professor at the beginning of my course. We're still discussing it.
→ I have been discussing my research proposal with my professor since the beginning of my course.

7. Nam's still studying English. He started studying it two years ago. (for)
→ Nam has studied English for two years.

8. The university started building a new campus in May. They are still building it. (since)
→ The university has been building a new campus since May.

9. Maxicorp were the only company which replied my letter.
→ Maxicorp were the only company to reply my letter..

10. Applications which were sent after 23rd will not be considered.
→ Applications sent after 23rd will not be considered.

11. The sunlight which comes through the window wakes me up early every morning.
→ The sunlight which comes through the window wakes me up every morning

12. John Quincy Adams, who was born on July 11th 1767, was the sixth president of the United States.
→ John Quincy Adams, who was the sixth president of the United States, was born on July 11, 1767

13. I don't buy it because I don't have enough money.
→ If I had enough money, I would buy it.

14. There was a test yesterday. I didn't know that, so I didn't study for it.
→ If I had know there was a test yesterday, i would have studied for it

15. If I won a big prize in a lottery, I'd give up my job.
→ Unless i won a big prize in a lottery, i would not give up my job

16. Keeping calm is the secret of passing your driving test.
→ As long as you keep calm, you will pass your driving test

17. "Our correspondent in Paris sent this report some days ago" said the editor in-chief.
→ The editor in-chief said that their correspondent in Paris had sent that report some days before

18. "Why didn't you report the incident to the police last week?" the officer asked the frightened witness.
→ The officer asked the frightened witness why he hadn’t reported the incident to the police the last week

19 “I’m happy to hear that you have passed the final exam. Congratulations!”, Jim said to me. (congratulated)
→ Jim congratulated me on having passed/pasing the final exam

20. Don’t play with the matches.”, I said to Jack. (warned)
→ I warned Jack not to play with the matches

THE END!

----
Xem thêm: Tiếng Anh 11

Sửa lần cuối:
CHAT
  1. No shouts have been posted yet.

Chủ đề mới

VnKienthuc lúc này

Không có thành viên trực tuyến.

Định hướng

Diễn đàn VnKienthuc.com là nơi thảo luận và chia sẻ về mọi kiến thức hữu ích trong học tập và cuộc sống, khởi nghiệp, kinh doanh,...